Website privacy and security policy
In accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, Metrix maintains high standards for the protection of data to ensure that website visitor information remains private and is only used for the purpose it was collected.
This policy explains how these standards are maintained regarding:
- Data and information collected or generated from visits by visitors to the site.
- Use of 'cookies' to manage a website visit.
- Use of data and information collected from website visits.
- Use of email for communications.
This policy is regularly reviewed and if necessary updated to meet Metrix's requirements for internet privacy.
Personal information about you (e.g. your name and contact details) may be collected by Metrix (and/or its subsidiaries) during the course of your use of this website.
The guiding principle is that Metrix only obtains specific and individualised data about its website visitors when such information is supplied voluntarily (e.g. when website visitors send email, respond to customer surveys or register for the update service on the website). Metrix then uses this information for the purpose of fulfilling visitors' requests.
Metrix automatically gathers generic information to determine the usefulness of its website to plan future service requirements. This generic information does not contain the identity of the visitor, but includes the pages that have been visited, how much time is spent on various pages, the visitor's domain name (for example company-name.co.nz, ISP-name.net.nz) and the originating web page of the visitor.
Purpose of collection
Metrix will use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- Responding to requests for information; and
- [Providing you with information about goods and services that we, your Network Company (where applicable).), and/or (unless you instruct us otherwise) other persons may from time to time wish to offer you.]
Access to and correction of personal information
You may at any time request access to, or (if necessary) correction of, any personal information about you held by Metrix.
Use of data and information collected from website visits
Metrix will not sell or reveal information obtained about its visitors to anyone outside of Metrix unless:
- It is specifically authorised by the visitor;
- It is legally required to do so; or
- Such disclosure is required to protect the safety of employees, visitors, customers, or property.
Use of email for communications
As part of the registration for the update service, visitors must supply an email address which will be used to transmit updates or send relevant offers on services from time to time. Metrix does not sell or rent email addresses to third-party organisations.